I write about music and stuff...

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Lady Leshurr - Queen's Speech


Lady Leshurr has always been one of my favourite MC's. And yes, please note I did not say "favourite female MC". She's got a tighter flow, better bars, stronger charisma and sharper delivery than most of the boys on the scene. When it comes to freestyles (and, to be fair, pretty much every other bit of work she puts out) Lesh will always absolutely body it. And when I say body it, I mean she'll body it to the point where, I still don't think I'm actually over the way she tore up her "Good God" freestyle from a good few years back. Thus, her new monthly offering, The Queen's Speech, in which she gifts us a dose of bars upon bars, is very exciting indeed. Episode 1 dropped on Sunday night and yep...it's FI-YAAAAAA. 

It's rare for me to not be able to pick out an MC's strongest area. But, there Lady Leshurr has me on a Sunday night, arguing with myself over what it is she does that makes me wanna press replay 356456 times. Is it her, what seems to be, infinite supply of punchlines? Might it be the crazy flows? Or is it down to the plain personality and fun she delivers every single word with? Whatever it is, I have more pressing matters to be concerned with, such as; if she was male, would she be so damn tragically underrated? *sigh* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment