I write about music and stuff...

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Goodbye JLS :'(

I'M EMOTIONAL YOU KNOW.

WHO SAID YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR IPOD ON SHUFFLE AND BE LISTENING TO RUFF SQWAD - XTRA ONE MINUTE AND JLS - BEAT AGAIN THE NEXT? 

12:05 am and I'm sitting just watching the Homes Under The Hammer I recorded (you ain't about the Homes Under The Hammer on series link life and what... say suttin...I'm not a weirdo - just versatile) and I have a look on twitter and someone has RT'd Ronan Keating "JUST HEARD THE NEWS ABOUT @JLSOfficial. WISH THE BOYS THE BEST IN WHATEVER IT IS THEY ROLL ON TOO. THEY HAD A GREAT FUN". I sat there thinking how can a member of Boyzone just write off my teenage years in a tweet like that though yo?

The split doesn't come as a shock to me. I know exactly why they did it. They came on to the scene through X-Factor, where their first audition was Shai - If I Ever then they went on to release tracks like The Club Is Alive. How can a boyband go from singing 90's pure RnB to autotuned pop? When they were making songs before X-Factor they had those hot, urban, original, R&B flavours - their true sound. None of their albums reflected this. But the point was the albums sold. Then on their latest album 'Evolution', when the boys put in everything and attempted to bring out music more true to them - it didn't sell. I think they accepted the fact that if they wanted to carry on being a successful band selling units after units, they wouldn't be able to be true artists selling the music from their heart, but music purpose built only for the chart. Their current position, other talents and genuine personalities, allowed them to move on to other projects and set them up for a life where they have options for different lives that they can put their heart into - something music didn't quite let them do in the end. 

I'm upset about the fact the fact that JLS had potential to bring so much more to the music scene (even though I feel they made massive movements in making boy bands cool again), but I'm MORE upset that I feel like a big part of my teen years has finished. You may be thinking this is pure mature cheddar cheese, but I've met so many people, made such good memories and had so much fun being a *cringe* "JLS'ter" *cringe*. They will always be my NOT-so-guilty-pleasure and I will miss being able to become that little girl again and giggle foolishly at the TV screen when ever they were on it, because they were a great escape from the big bad world. I'm not the hyper little fan girl I was a few years ago, but during the years that I was, they had such an impact on my life - they made me unique atleast...I never did meet anyone else that had BBK and JLS sharing a playlist on their iTunes...

The end of the year is going to bring the 4 brothers' last ever performance, where they will leave in separate cars, and drive off on separate paths after saying goodbye to eachother and to the thousands of fans they built a connection with. They won't be seeing eachother 2 weeks later in the studio. 

Goodbye JLS x

0 comments:

Post a Comment