I write about music and stuff...

Friday 12 April 2013

Etta Bond - Inside My Head

ETTA OH ETTA.

Listening to someone vent at stupid o'clock in the morning doesn't usually get me vibsing but Miss Bond just has that honesty leaking out her voice, that I feel like I'm floating around her brain. It's funny because I actually wrote that "I'm floating around her brain" line before I even registered the fact the song is called 'Inside My Head'. I guess it pretty much shows the song does exactly what it says on the tin and I needed nothing else but my ears to catch what Etta was throwing out to us with this track - I didn't even need the title. That makes me happy because it's refreshing to see artists mastering the talent of chanelling their exact vision through purely their sound. It takes skill to write in such a way that the audience feel that vibe the artist was on right there in the studio. If I bumped into Etta tomorrow in Asda she'd know me merely as the little clutz with smart price baked beans in one hand and toilet paper in the other (remember you can pay for school but you can't buy class like me yo!), however she still managed to wrap up that stream of consciousness, shove an instrumental on top and pass on that vibe.

And let's also take a moment to appreciate that instrumental - courtesy of Balistiq. They got it on point with helping deliver what Etta was trying to do here. Never under estimate the power of an instrumental - especially with production like that - it's simple, nothing too complex, but if I close my eyes and let my ears do the work I'm somewhere else - certainly not in my front room, with the TV on mute while these women on the Teleshopping show preach about how this mop changed their life. I'm thankful for this track as it lead to me discovering Balistiq - each track on their Soundcloud is a gateway to a different dimension. Don't deprive yourself: https://soundcloud.com/balistiqofficial

Etta has always had the perfect mix of being so blunt and blatant but delivers it in a way that is gentle, but still strong enough to slap you round the face with uncensored reality. I lav it.

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment